This Hair Crush Wednesday we are crushing on no other than singer, Monica. Last week Miss Thang debuted her platinum pixie and her bold, fierce cut is EVERYTHING. This look is not for the weak, it requires healthy hair and some serious maintenance. If you believe this is the look for you, here are 6 things you should consider.
- Have a consultation. Talk with a seasoned colorist about going blonde and the commitment that goes along with it.
- Color can’t lift color. Have you been dying your hair black for the last 10 years? Any coloring services that has been done to you hair in the past will have to be stripped.
- Blonde wasn’t built in one day. Sometimes it can take a several appointments to lift the hair to the necessary level gently. Aggressively lifting several levels in one day can severely damage the hair.
- Tone it down. This color is all about that perfect cool balance. After lifting, your stylist will have to apply a toner to cancel out any brassy tones. Shimmer Lights violet shampoo will be your new best friend.
- No need to relax. Natural hair is the best when it comes to this level of color. Blonde blows out so many molecules in the composition of your hair that it also elongates the curl due to the stripping process. That plus a relaxer is the perfect equation for guaranteed breakage.
- Stay on track. Maintain your regular salon visits. Your blonde hair needs the pampering. Blonde hair is fragile, it needs to be moisturized, treated, toned, conditioned, the works!