Rihanna reminded us of an old crush this past Sunday at the Grammys. Sometimes bringing back an old hair style reminds you of why you fell in love with it in the first place. We are definitely crushing on Riri’s throwback tresses. Total 360 seeing Rihanna sport the look she sported as a new artist nearly 12 years ago. Her multi-dimensional soft brown and auburn hues, complimented by tousled waves are perfect for this season. Here are some tips on how you can recreate this look with a protective style.
- A crown fit for a queen. Find a stylist that can create a custom unit using hair extensions.
- Get closure. Closures are a great piece to incorporate into a customized piece. You can completely tuck all your hair away with the ease of parting your hair however you like. Best of all, you don’t have to worry about blending!
- Lighten up. Worried about coloring your hair? Be daring with extensions; go as dark or light as you wish without compromising the integrity of your own hair. To recreate Rihanna’s look, have your colorist lift the base color to a medium ash brown and accent with highlights.
- Get good hair. If you’re investing in a custom piece, invest in quality hair extensions. Virgin hair is a must especially when coloring. Try Indique Hair. They offer a number of textures to choose from and closures. Best of all, the hair can last up to a year or longer.
- Pon De Replay. With a custom unit you can bring back this look whenever you choose. No longer do you have to worry about having your stylist recreate your favorite look after taking a weave down.