There are so many budding beauty trends this summer. For the summer season you definitely want to aim for a "light" look, but a good smoky eye is a good go-to for a girls night out anytime of the year! Chrissy Teigen, supermodel and soon to be Mrs. John Legend seems to get it just right. We had to know how to get the look. In typical Jones fashion, we got the exclusive inside scoop from her makeup artist Amy Hollier who’s client list includes Molly Sims, Julia Roberts, and Minnie Driver just to name a few. She dishes on how to create the look. “Chrissy’s look is ethereal and subtly sexy,” says Amy. “It’s a look you can easily recreate and wear all year round.” Check out the deets.
1. Prime the entire eye. Hollier’s choice is Laura Mercier Eye Basics in “Wheat.” Then softly blend Chanel Illusion D’ombre eyeshadow in “Illusoire” over the lids with your finger.
2. To recreate Chrissy’s shimmery smokey grey eye, Hollier suggests using the two darkest shades from Chanel’s Quadra Eyeshadow Palette “Enigma” on the lids. To highlight the brow bone and inner corners of the eyes, use the lightest color in the palette
3. Follow up with Dior show Waterproof black mascara.
4. Finish the eyes by painting a thin line along the lash line with Make Up ForEver’s Aqua Eyes liner in black. Under the lower lashes smudge in Chanel’s Long-Lasting Eyeliner in “Marine”.
Simply add a touch of Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss in Negligee Pink 256.
1. Prime the skin with Mac Strobe Liquid Lotion followed by Dior’s Forever Foundation for flawless coverage.
2. To brighten the eyes, use Lancome Effacernes Undereye Concealer. Finish the skin with a light dusting of Laura Mercier’s translucent setting powder.
3. To add some color, swirl Tarte Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in “Amused” and “Flush” to the apples of the cheeks. Highlight all the high points on the face with Lorac TANtalizer Baked Bronzer.
Trying it now!