Although many may not know which movie this famous scene is in, the ivory pleated halter dress, worn by Marilyn Monroe, is regarded as the most recognizable costume in film history. On June 18, 2011 the world renowned dress was auctioned for 5.6 million dollars. The auction was conducted by Profiles in History of Calabasas, California. The famed dress was the most celebrated piece out of the 600-lot from Debbie Reynolds Hollywood costume collection. The entire collection of Hollywood costumes totaled 22.8 million dollars.
- The Miss Lola Says™ Social Register is out! t.co/zThlIyktEn ▸ Top stories today via @Jonesmag @pbsteachers @Glamboxx
- Entertainer Wayne Newton attends the 2013 @billboard music awards! We are live from Vegas! t.co/qLp7NATeoJ
- @Jonesmag Where would I go to submit a resume for employment consideration?
- @Jonesmag @billboard We think we are confused:-)
- “@Jonesmag: What do you think of this look? @billboard red carpet now! t.co/VL5qT3XEnD” Very nice