The cool and refreshing taste of cucumber can do wonders for your health and beauty. The vegetable has two main elements water and fiber. This keeps you hydrated and regular. Along with the basics, cucumbers also have Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Folate, and they are rich in vitamin A, B1, B6, C & D. This powerhouse vegetable is great in a salad, water, and as a snack or in a sandwich.
Here are 5 ways cucumbers can help your health and beauty.
- Weight loss and digestion – With the high water and fiber content, you will eliminate toxins.
- Fresh breath – Cucumbers have phytochemicals that will get rid of the bacteria in your mouth. Put a slice on the roof of your mouth for 20-30 seconds.
- Energy enhancer – Try eating a cucumber instead of drinking a can of soda or a cup of coffee. It will take a bit more time than the instant jolt of caffeine, but slow and steady wins the race.
- Hair growth – The silica in cucumbers promotes healthy hair growth.
- Dark circles– Drinking cucumber juice will help eliminate dark circles.
Cucumber Detox Water Do you want to clear up your skin, alkalize your body, get rid of unnecessary toxins, and feel energized? This recipe is the key to making it happen. All you need is water, cucumber, mint, and lemon.
10 cups of filtered water
1 medium cucumber
2-3 small lemons
10 mint leaves
Add all the ingredients into a pitcher of water and let it sit for 1-2 hours, drink and enjoy.