When you think of the word happy, what comes to mind? Is it the new dress and shoes that you bought, or that new relationship? Do you think your happiness will begin when you get that position you recently interviewed for or lose those 10 pounds? Here is the truth, happiness begins with you. It doesn’t start with another person, place, or thing it starts with the reflection in the mirror. Start now and make a commitment to find your bliss.
On your journey to happiness, there will be some challenges, roadblocks and moments that will make you questions yourself and purpose. Trust the process and understand that things happen for us and not to us. There is a higher power in all of this that is working on our behalf. Check in with your higher source and seek the lesson for understanding and growth.
Know that you are wonderful and put on this earth for a specific and miraculous purpose, as you learn, grow, and figure it out never forget that happiness is your birthright.
Here are 15 ways to create happiness in your world.
- Turn down the noise– We have so many distractions in life. With TV, radio, social media, and email, it is good to unplug if you can and really tap into your inner self to get aligned with yourself. This is a good time to do some journaling.
- Pray/Meditate – The universe knows what you need and want, ask and be prepared to get it. Once you ask, do your part. It may not come in the way you expected or wanted but it is all aligned for a greater good. Also understand, if you don’t get what you want, there is protection surrounding you and something better is in store.
- Seek gratitude – If you feel the world is unfair to you look around and see how you are treating the things around you. Be grateful for everything that you have at this moment.
- Know you are worth it – You are a product of this earth and were placed here and chosen for a specific reason. Find your purpose and let you light shine. Please don’t let your job title, person, and/or past disappointments determine your worth. “I am ___” is the most powerful statement you can make. Repeat affirmations daily. I am (wonderful, great, awesome, blessed, loved, grateful)
- Practice self-care – You can’t help anyone else fully and selflessly unless you know how to help yourself. Do things that will cultivate your wellness and continuous healing. Don’t be afraid to treat yourself well, you deserve it.
- Do something that scares you – How do you know what you are made of until you challenge yourself.
- Be present – Our mind, at times, is so bombarded with the past and future we miss the present moment of what is happening right now. Being present is like being fully aware to yourself and the moment.
- Do things that matter to YOU –If it is important to you, unapologetically embrace it and do what matters to you.
- Stop Comparing yourself to others – Before you talk about someone or wish your life was like theirs, walk in their shoes for a day.
- Be authentic – The world needs more truth, let it start with you in the most unapologetic way. Your truth and authenticity will attract similar people and circumstances.
- Learn to let go of what no longer serves you – If it doesn’t fulfill you, let it go. Life is too short to hold on to things that are not aligned with your miraculous self.
- Have fun – Play, laugh, create memories.
- Have healthy friendships –We all have casual friends, associates, work friends, and our true friends, understand the difference. Remember, if you have to question it, let it go.
- Move it – Exercise increases serotonin, this is a happy hormone. It is a great way to improve your health, mood, and energy level. With moving, breathing is also important. Some good deep belly breaths will do wonders for the nervous system.
- Serve others – Helping others helps you in many ways.
Bonus: Forgive – First forgive yourself and then anyone or anything that needs forgiving. It is a hard process but powerful. Holding on to past hurt poisons your soul. At times we go through pain so light can be illuminated on where we need to heal. Be gentle with yourself and learn the beauty of letting go.
If you are wondering how to start, commit to one thing a week that makes you happy. Write it down and check in at the end of the week . Write and reflect on what you did, how often, how you felt, and if you didn’t do anything tap into yourself and write down why.